Over the years, I have collected, borrowed, adjusted and dreamed up a series of laws—principles and truisms that have guided me in times of difficulty and opportunity. Most of these are my fundamental rules to live by, my go-to principles when things become unclear or difficult.
They may work for you, or they may not.
I encourage you to borrow, steal, tweak and explore—just as I have done—to create your own set of guiding principles. To build for yourself an “Operators Manual” for when difficulty strikes (because it will) and your path forward seems unclear.
These are my laws…
The Persistent and Passionate Mind
1. If anything can go wrong, fix it! To hell with Murphy!
2. When given a choice… take both.
3. Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
4. Start at the top and work your way up.
5. Do it by the book… but be the author.
6. When forced to compromise, ask for more.
7. If you can’t win, change the rules.
8. If you can’t change the rules, then ignore them.
9. Perfection is not optional.
10. When faced with a challenge, make one.
11. “No” simply means begin again at one level higher.
12. Don’t walk when you can run.
13. When in doubt, THINK!
14. Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
15. The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
16. The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.
17. The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself.
18. The ratio of something to nothing is infinite.
19. You get what you incentivize.
20. If you think it is impossible, then it is… for you.
21. An expert is someone who can tell you exactly how it can be done.
22. The day before something is a breakthrough it’s a crazy idea.
23. If it were easy it would’ve been done already.
24. Without a target, you’ll miss it every time.
25. Fail early, fail often, fail forward!
26. If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.
27. The world’s most precious resource is the persistent and passionate human mind.
28. Bureaucracy is an obstacle to be conquered with persistence, confidence and a bulldozer when necessary.
By SUCCESS Academy