Since you realize there is only 100 days left in this year. What are you willing to do to make this quarter your best quarter? The next 3 1/2 months are all about contacting and staying in front of your clients (current, former, and potential).
- The Strategy – How many times do you plan to see, speak or write to your clients over the next 100 days? How many touches will you spend on potential prospects or leads? What about past clients? Do you have a strategy in place to contact them to let them know that you are still available to serve them? The goal is to see your best or ideal clients every month between now and the end of the year.
This is a great time to see them face to face. I would encourage you to take them to lunch, have coffee, or go out to dinner. These clients are normally raving fans and you want to make sure you are staying in front of them along with reminding them that you appreciate their business and referrals.
Past clients should hear from you at least once in the next 100 days. I would encourage you to contact them via phone just to say hello or better yet “Happy Holidays” (we have many this quarter, i.e. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah or Christmas). For potential prospects and leads you should commit to monthly communications (written or phone calls).
- The Calendar – I am a believer that just because you plan it does not mean it happens automatically. Why? We get busy, we make excuses, or we simply do not make it a priority.
The next step as simple as it may seem is to schedule your marketing strategy plan on your calendar. For example, Dinner with favorite clients every Thursday from now until the end of the year, Gratitude party – 2nd Week in November, Happy Hour with Top Business Strategic Partners, October 21st, Mail Holiday cards (December 1). Not to mention times schedule to contact leads, prospects and past clients via telephone. Remember what we put on a schedule has a greater chance of getting done.
- Tracking Results – Make sure that you are documenting your activities so that you can test and measure for the upcoming year. Many people use the “spray and pray” approach to marketing; I recommend that you are intentional with both your focus as well as your tracking.
- Follow-Up Plan – Along with tracking you want to make sure that you have a follow-up plan in place to manage and systemize your leads. I am always amazed by how many people say that they do not have enough business coming in but they allow potential leads to fall through the cracks. The most successful business owners that I coach are masters at following up. It is all about creating a system which simply means Save Yourself Time Energy Money.
- Rejuvenate/Recharge – This may seem like an interesting point to add to the plan but the goal is not for you to run yourself ragged to the point that by December 31st you are crawling into the New Year. I would encourage you to make sure that you schedule time to exercise, meditate and recharge your batteries. Remember – Strategy + Implementation = Results. If you are up for the challenge you will see HUGE Results, Guaranteed!
By Diana Miers