Now that you’ve designed a website to use for your business the next step is to bring it to the attention of possible customers and those who may be interested in what your site has to offer. In order to increase the traffic flow on your site there are some steps you can take to increase the number of visitors to your site, we are going to list ten ways that you can increase the traffic and help you meet the goals you had in mind when you designed your website.
- Publish Articles – Experts suggest that you write at least three articles per month that are directly related to the main topic and idea of your website. In these articles you should include a brief bio and link back to your website at the end of the article. There are many popular article submission websites that will let you publish these articles for free. By publishing your articles on these sites you will increase your visibility and if you use keywords that are relevant to your website you will boost your search engine ranks.
- Participate In Forums – Do a search using a popular search engine to find forums that are relevant to the services and products you are offering on your website. By finding the top ranking forums that are relevant to your business you will be able to post comments and gain exposure to your target market.
- Use Social Networking – Social networking is a great way to become visible and connect with prospective customers. Create profiles on the most popular social networking sites and find other people who share your interests to grow your visibility. Including photos of what you have to offer are also ways to get people’s attention on these types of sites, after all, who doesn’t enjoy photos.
- Start A Blog – Blogs are a great way to share relevant information about products or services that you are offering. Your blog should be directly related to your website’s topic and content and it is important that you update the content regularly so that your readers will know you are well versed in your area and keep your post interesting and full of vital information. This will help keep your blog fresh and keep it from becoming stale.
- Use Press Releases – Press releases can often be written by you or you may feel more comfortable hiring a professional writing service to create them for you. A press release should include important and relevant information pertaining to your website and the services you are offering. Press releases are also a great way to advertise any specials that you are currently offering. There are many benefits to using a press release as a tool to increase the traffic flow to your site.
Creating a website for your company is an important step and one that needs to regularly taken care of and nurtured. Just having a website isn’t enough, you need to bring traffic to the site and create a following and constant stream of visitors to your website.
By Robert Holiday