One of the biggest obstacles to achieving success online is getting consistent traffic. Nearly anybody can come up with a product and build a sales or squeeze page but without traffic, you might as well own a high end boutique in the middle of the desert.
It’s important to build a solid foundation for gaining traffic and to have a set plan in place. For every venture that I start in a new niche, I always have the same formula and it goes like this:
– Write 5-10 articles and post them on your blog. Once they are indexed submit them to article directories and social book marking sites. There are plenty of ways to automate the submissions so it shouldn’t take too long.
– Take those 10 articles and convert them to video format. If you don’t have a webcam or flip camera they are very inexpensive but if you are on a budget I’m sure that someone you know will allow you to borrow theirs for a couple of hours. They do not need to be Hollywood quality so don’t worry too much about being camera shy.
If you really can’t force yourself in front of the camera, there are plenty of gigs on Fiverr that will make a professional looking video for you. Submit these to video hosting sites (YouTube, Vimeo etc.) and put a link to your landing page in the description of your video. This whole process shouldn’t take more than an hour or two.
– Convert that same content to PDF using Open Office format and submit them to sites like GoogleDocs, Scribd and torrent sites. Link to your landing page in the intro and conclusion of the PDF.
– Convert the content into podcasts. If you have no experience with this you can access a free tutorial here. It’s not very difficult at all so don’t be intimidated if you’ve never created one before. That video also shows you how to submit your podcast to search engines. This traffic source is far less saturated than others so be sure not to skip this step.
– Manually drip feed your articles to forums where appropriate. As always I have to add a disclaimer – please do not spam and paste 10 articles in a row as it will be transparent that you are only utilizing the forum to gain traffic and not to help out the community like forums are intended. Be sure to link to your page in your forum signature.
These strategies are not the end all be all to getting traffic but they will for sure get you on the right track. I can get all of these done in less than one working day so don’t get overwhelmed by thinking that you won’t be able to get through it all. Don’t take shortcuts. Sit down and get it done and you’ll be on your way.
By Robert Holiday