The basic prerequisite for self-assessment leadership is to adhere to lead. It’s to gain a personal insight on how you relate yourself to others. It’s the way how others basically perceive the personal behaviours and views the overall terminology. There’re three key factors for leadership assessment.
The skills/talents; the attribute and the specific knowledge with other important ingredients to judge the self with feelings; genuineness; Empathy; Respect; Concreteness; Confrontation; Self-exploration and disclosure. The specific influence is to prioritize and to be courageous with creative and critical thinking as to what to implement and how to increase the tolerance power to deal with friends and other strangers or colleagues and employees of the industry.
Tools for Improved sufficiency:
· Seeking responsibilities: Do not blame others and take corrective measures while analyzing the situation. Make timely decisions and set sufficient examples with technical proficiency.
· Workers Information: Employees information is mandatory to know the trivial contingencies of the office and the specific information of the seniors if working under them.
· Ensuring the work done: Ensure that tasks are supervised and accomplished.
· Training Team: Ensure that the team doesn’t work only as group of people conducting their jobs but training them with profound expertise and specific talents.
· Customer Driven Orientation: It demands maintenance of relationship with specific customers especially those who’re profit oriented to your company.
· Management change & processing: The last action change of management criteria for a leader shouldn’t be consisting of unnecessary frustration or fatigue; aggressiveness and resentment for any difficulty in the management. The designs that are processed in a form of final products should effectively support the delivery of the services rendered.
· Innovative Ideas: Initiating innovative ideas with suggestions in mind to constantly seek the trend of another industry and seeing beyond the horizon to benchmark with other reputed companies who are in dog-eat-cat competition with you.
· Time management: The enterprise thrives on time management to work with sufficiency. There must be ensuring of sufficient means in-hand by the leader such as maintaining E-mails; LANs; meetings; bulletin boards etc. There should always be organized system in place for spreading up the information.
· Obstacles of management: The leader must continuously pinpoint himself/ herself as to how can I remove unnecessary obstacles and other obstructing barriers which are the stumbling blocks for any form of assistance or advice to acquire within the enterprise.
· Rewarding yourself: This is the process of motivational attitude towards oneself with high morale and employees’ satisfaction as the key factor.
· Building trust: The leader must allow employees to learn from their mistakes and should allow risk taking factor to seep into the minds of those vulnerable towards it.
Framework Models approach of Leadership Assessment:
· Structural Framework model: Adaptation of a leader; its specific strategy with appropriate implementation of goals; Structure of the managerial system; environmental factors and experimentation are the key factors involved.
· Political Framework model: The leader is termed as an advocate where his leadership skills and styles are for coalition purposes and building strong relationship with the counterparts. The leader must always manipulate his working strategies within the working environment. The assessment of interests and power that vests in his hand and linkages to shareholders with coercion and negotiations committed influences under political framework parlance.
· Symbolic framework model: This sophisticated process in leadership assessment assesses the inspiration and weaknesses of the leader whose achievements within an enterprise is as clear but shaken as a mirror. Symbolic attitude is the stage for the leader to outperform with impressions in mind to bear thereupon. The discovery of communicating a vision and framing experiences by plausible interpretations are the real ways of such tendency of a leader. A symbol is used for strong utilization of the growth.
· Human framework model: This implies of the characterization of a leader to support the employees with style; simply advocate them whenever necessary and bring upon empowerment to the entire enterprise. Ineffective leadership of a leader calls upon a pushover tendency of abdication and fraud among own employees of the enterprise whereas being an ultimate human resource for the enterprise he believes in appropriate communication within the enterprise and other competitive rival enterprises.
Visibility and accessibility plays a pivotal role in it. If everything well maintained according to specific considerations then with it is achieved increased participation of not only the trusted working employees of the same enterprise but from other strangers too with active support and sharing of small and big information with specific healthy working knowledge.
By Michael Williams